Lift and Carry Systems
Motion Index Drives, Inc. is a leading provider of heavy-duty Lift and Carry Systems. Our machines operate with minimal motor power and are capable of lifting and transferring an average of 10 complete under-body structures (2,000 lbs. each) over an average linear distance of 19 feet at once. From transferring full length truck frames to engine box and under-body lines, Motion Index Drives has a high-precision engineered solution for your application.
Lift and Carry Systems can be applied to high-production facilities that manufacture products large in physical dimensions. Our systems have been placed in a large number of North America’s automotive production facilities. These applications are among the most demanding in the world, proving a testament to the strength and reliability of Motion Index Drives quality. This is also, however, the only existing industry-wide application of Lift and Carry Systems. Motion Index Drives has worked to integrate Lift and Carry Systems in industries including defense manufacturing and off-highway heavy machinery. Smaller scale, lightweight systems can be handled by products such as our AL series Walking Beam.
Key Features and Benefits
- Smooth lift and lowering motion
- Hydraulic compensation system to assist on lift strokes
- Special tooling inserts with customer specified hole patterns
- High-quality extruded steel rails available in many sizes
- Three-dimensional cut rails to reduce noise during transfers
- Hardened gear rack and pinions for transfers
- Cam plate/cam follower technology for positioning accuracy during transfer strokes
- Pevolan and Vulkollan transfer rollers for noise reduction and increased life of shuttle rails
- Many different standard and custom lift and transfer shuttle options available